"No man can be called friendless who has God and the companionship of good books."
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

As Silver Refined by Kay Arthur

As Silver Refined is a book that talks about many of the disappointments we all face in life and how we can view them as lessons from God and face them down in a more positive and constructive way.  In that regard this book did it's job.  I really liked the authors regular use of scripture to illustrate and support her points.  I did, however, find the book to be rather slow reading and after the first few chapters I had to force myself to finish it.  Overall I don't think this would be the first book in this genre that I would recommend to a friend.  It's not bad, I just don't think it's that good either.

No comments:

Post a Comment